CHASE, B.C. — RCMP officers got a surprise when they were checking out an accident scene near Sorrento earlier this month.
On April 4, Mounties rolled up to a rollover on the Trans Canada Highway near Sorrento, only to find the vehicle abandoned.
They weren't alone for long, though.
The driver soon pulled up to the scene driving a golf cart.
Officers said he smelled of liquor and they eventually issued him a 90-day Immediate Roadside Prohibition.
They also impounded the golf cart.
Other Chase RCMP police notes:
- On April 4th, Chase RCMP attended a report of break-and-enter at a dollar store in Scotch Creek. Sometime overnight the perpetrators entered by prying open a door, and a small quantity of cash was taken. There were no witnesses, and no suspects have been identified at this time. Anyone with knowledge of this crime is asked to call Chase RCMP at 250-679-3221 or Crimestoppers.
- On April 6th, police were notified by Canada Post of a break-in of approximately fifteen postal boxes on the 1700 block of Chase-Falkland Road. Some of the stolen mail was recovered further along the road. There were no witnesses or suspects to the break-in. Anyone with knowledge of this crime is asked to call Chase RCMP at 250-679-3221 or Crimestoppers.
- On the evening of April 8th , police received a call of a man and woman walking along Shuswap Ave, and the man was waving a knife in the air. The complainant believed the knife to have been waved in a threatening manner. Police located the man and woman, and placed the twenty-four year old man under arrest for possessing a knife while being bound by a Probation Order not to possess any weapons. The man was remanded in jail until court on April 11th.
- On April 12th, police received a report of theft of a large roll of electrical wire from beside a seasonal residence in the Lee Creek area. The owner believed the theft occurred sometime in the preceding three weeks. There were no witnesses or suspects to the theft.
- On April 14th, Chase RCMP responded to a two vehicle collision on Pinantan Road in Pritchard. The two pick-up trucks sustained a left frontal impact to each on a curve in the road. One of the drivers, a 63 year old male, stated he took his eyes off the road for a moment and when he looked up he was heading for an oncoming vehicle in the curve. The driver was unsuccessful in trying to avoid the collision. There were no injuries in either vehicle, and the driver was issued a violation ticket for failing to keep right. Police remind all drivers to keep their eyes on the road at all times.
- On April 15th, at approximately 12:40 am, police were called to the scene of a single-vehicle rollover on Highway One, near Sorrento. The driver of a semi-trailer rig had rolled his vehicle, spreading a load of peat moss across the highway. The driver was taken to hospital, and Highway 0ne was closed for about two hours as JPW road maintenance handled the clean-up. The matter is still under investigation.
- On April 16th, Chase RCMP attended the scene of a single motorcycle accident on Highway One at Arnouse Lane. The male rider attempted to avoid a dog that suddenly came onto the highway in front of him, and lost control of the motorcycle. The rider was transported to hospital in Kamloops with non-life-threatening injuries. Alcohol was not a factor in the accident.
- On April 18th, police attended a report of break-and-enter to a fifth wheel travel trailer parked in an unsecured lot behind a residence on Shepherd Road in Chase. Several outside compartments were pried-at, but entry to the interior was gained by breaking a small window in the door. A laptop computer was stolen. The investigation is continuing, and anyone with knowledge of this incident is asked to call Chase RCMP at 250-679-3221 or Crimestoppers.
- Sometime overnight on April 21/22, a white 2005 Ford F350 was stolen from a Chase used car dealership. The doors had been left unlocked, although an anti-theft club had been installed on the steering wheel. There were no witnesses to the theft, and police are asking anyone with knowledge of this crime to call Chase RCMP at 250-679-3221 or Crimestoppers.
Fire along Shuswap Road prompts evacuation of mobile home park
KAMLOOPS — Residents of the Country View Estates mobile home park were evacuated Friday night due...
READ MORE +
Tunkwa Lake Road fire now under control
LOGAN LAKE, B.C. — The Tunkwa Lake Road fire near Logan Lake is now under control. There were 72...
READ MORE +
Work begins on BC SPCA's new Community Animal Centre in Kamloops
KAMLOOPS — It's a dream that is finally becoming reality for the Kamloops branch of the BC SPCA. "...
READ MORE +