James Franco Accused by 5 Women

January 12, 2018 - 5:30am

James Franco has been accused of sexual misconduct by five women, four of whom were his students.

In an article published in The Los Angeles Times, the five women describe what they call his abuses of power as an acting teacher and mentor.

  • One of his former students, Sarah Tither-Kaplan, claims that he removed safety guards while filming an oral sex scene on 2015's The Long Home.
  • "I feel there was an abuse of power, and there was a culture of exploiting non-celebrity women, and a culture of women being replaceable," said Tither-Kaplan.
  • Actress Violet Paley also spoke out against Franco, repeating some of the comments she made on social media recently, and claiming he exposed himself and attempted to force her into oral sex. She also claimed that he told her friend to meet him in a hotel when she was 17 years old.
  • Ahead of the report, Franco made an appearance on Late Night with Seth Meyers Wednesday night. When Meyers asked him about the sexual harassment allegations leveled against him on social media, he characterized the tweets as "not accurate." But he added that he has chosen to not contradict anyone's claims.
  • "There are people that need to be heard. I have my own side of this story, but I believe in these people that have been underrepresented getting their stories out enough that I will hold back things that I could say, just because I believe in it that much," he said. "So if I have to take a knock because I'm not going to try and actively refute things, then I will, because I believe in it that much."
  • Franco's attorney Michael Plonsker denied the allegations, and cited comments Franco had previously made Tuesday night on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert.
  • "Look, in my life I pride myself on taking responsibility for things that I have done," Franco told Colbert Tuesday. "I have to do that to maintain my well being. The things that I heard that were on Twitter are not accurate. But I completely support people coming out and being able to have a voice because they didn't have a voice for so long. So I don't want to shut them down in any way."
  • After the Golden Globes, where Franco won for his work on The Disaster Artist, several women made claims on Twitter that Franco harassed them, including The Breakfast Club star Ally Sheedy.
  • In now-deleted tweets, she wrote, "Why is James Franco allowed in? Said too much." and "James Franco just won. Please never ever ask me why I left the film/tv business.
  • HBO, where Franco stars in and exec produces the porn industry drama The Deuce, claims there have been "no complaints" against Franco on the set of the show.
  • The Deuce was recently renewed for a second season.

CHECK IT OUT:

Read the Full Story: http://bit.ly/2CPdfMd

Watch James Franco on Late Night:

Meanwhile, Hugh Jackman Dodges Controversy:

View image on Twitter