Angelina Jolie, 42, tried to save her marriage with Brad Pitt, 53, by working on a movie together.
The pair, who split in September of 2016, met and fell in love on 2005's Mr. and Mrs. Smith, so she thought perhaps collaborating on 2015's The Sea would bring back the old magic.
- Jolie directed the drama about a wealthy married couple have marital struggles, and she and Pitt starred. Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter's podcast Awards Chatter, she said: “We had met working together and we worked together well. I wanted us to do some serious work together… I thought it would be a good way for us to communicate."
- She continued: "In some ways it was, and in some ways we learned some things. But there was a heaviness probably during that situation that carried on and it wasn’t because of the film. It was something that we were dealing… things happen for different reasons, and things… why did I write that exact piece? Why did we feel that way when we made it? I’m not sure."
- The couple share six children together: Maddox (16), Pax (13), Zahara (12), Shiloh (11), and nine-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne.
- “A piece of art can be something that’s healing or something that’s difficult,” added Jolie. “I don’t know. I’m glad we did that film because we did explore something together. Whatever it was maybe it didn’t solve certain things, but we did communicate something that needed to be communicated to each other.”
ASK YOUR LISTENERS:
- Have you ever tried to save a relationship with a project you worked on together?
- Do you still hold out hope that Angelina and Brad will get back together?
- Who do you think is thriving more post-split?
CHECK IT OUT:
Listen to the Podcast Here: http://bit.ly/2AZfUFU
Watch the Trailer for The Sea:
Watch Angelina and Brad Discuss The Sea & Their Marriage on the Today Show in November, 2015: