Sex assault victims asked to come forward

By Kiss FM News
August 31, 2017 - 2:13pm

NAKUSP, B.C. — Mounties in the West Kootenay community of Nakusp are asking possible victims to come forward in connection to a historic sexual assault case.

Police in Victoria arrested 70-year-old Harry Charles Sadd last year in connection with a series of alleged sex assaults in the 1960’s and 70’s involving boys between 9 and 15 years of age, when he was a badminton coach.

RCMP Corporal Dan Moskaluk says Sadd also lived in Nakusp during that time period and may have had victims there as well.

“Based on the Victoria Police Dept investigational findings, the Nakusp RCMP has reason to believe that there may be other individuals who currently or previously resided in Nakusp that may have been victimized by Sadd,” says Moskaluk. “Harry Charles Sadd resided in Nakusp in the mid-60s into the mid-70s and it is possible that he may have targeted young males in the Nakusp area. We would like for any individuals who may have been victimized by Sadd or holds information regarding other victims, to contact us.”

Sadd currently faces 23 counts of indecent assault and one of sexual assault involving 12 victims.

“Harry Charles Sadd, who was a former youth badminton coach, has previous convictions for sexual assaults involving young male children and teens. Based on these similar convictions and the most recent victim’s accounts, investigators believe there are other victims in the Greater Victoria area who have not yet come forward,” says Sgt. Kristi Ross of the Victoria PD.

Elephant Hill fire grows past 180,000 hectares

Join the Discussion

We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.