No charges in Vancouver double murder, but three charged in related kidnapping

By The Canadian Press
February 22, 2017 - 3:00pm Updated: February 22, 2017 - 5:04pm

Vancouver Police say three more men have been arrested following a kidnapping and double homicide in an east Vancouver home last September.

Const. Jason Doucette says the three were the subject of arrest warrants issued late last year following the Sept. 17 murders of a man and woman, and evidence suggesting a third person had been kidnapped from the house.

That victim was rescued two days later, and three men were arrested and remain in custody charged with his kidnapping.

Doucette says that in the three most recent arrests the men were picked up earlier this year and are each charged with kidnapping, unlawful confinement, aggravated assault, and two counts of extortion.

Twenty-six-year-old Ellwood Bradbury and 33-year-old Matthew Stewart were taken into custody in Metro Vancouver, while Erlan Acosta was picked up in Mesquite, Texas, and is awaiting extradition.

Doucette says charges have not been laid in connection with the murders of 24-year-old Xuan Vanvy Bacao and 29-year-old Samantha Le.

The Canadian Press

B.C. budget cuts are a strategic ‘bang for the buck,’ Clark

Join the Discussion

We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.