Immediately after the Super Bowl, This Is Us aired a highly anticipated show that finally explained how Jack Pearson (Milo Ventimiglia) died. The response on social media was incredible, and all of the stars reportedly feel a huge sense of relief now that it's over.
The 33-year-old Mandy Moore, who plays matriarch Rebecca Pearson on the hit NBC show, appeared on The Today Show to discuss the aftermath, and what it was like to watch with her co-stars.
- “I think all of us are tremendously relieved,” Moore said of having the mystery surrounding her onscreen husband’s passing out in the open. “Milo and I, for one, have known since the very beginning. …It’s just nice to sort of pop that bubble a little bit, and now we can sort of move forward with the show.”
- Despite knowing what happened, Moore said she was just as overcome as everyone else watching the show.
- “We watched the episode as a cast at [creator] Dan Fogelman‘s house last week, and none of us could speak afterwards. We were sort of speechless,” she recalled. “We were recounting some of our favorite parts of the episode and favorite lines, and we would all start crying again. So, it affects us too.”
- The 40-year-old Ventimiglia recently told Esquire that the fan response has been hugely rewarding. “It’s a lot of hugs. People want to hug me, and they want advice. I guess I’ve taken over from Mr. Cunningham [of Happy Days] and Mr. Arnold [of The Wonder Years] as America’s father, so people are often looking for that parental feeling.”
- A new episode of This Is Us will air Tuesday at 9 p.m. EST on NBC.
CHECK IT OUT:
Mandy Moore Talks to Today:
Milo Ventimiglia Talks to Esquire: