Image Credit: CFJC Today
Weapons Call

Officers rush to Kamloops North Shore restaurant after weapons complaint

May 27, 2022 | 3:12 PM

KAMLOOPS — RCMP rushed to a North Shore restaurant Thursday night (May 26) after a disturbance call involving a weapon.

In a news release, Cst. Crystal Evelyn says the incident happened at about 8:00 p.m. at a restaurant in the 600-block of Fortune Drive.

Officers were told a man was inside the restaurant threatening someone with a weapon. While en route, officers were told someone may have been stabbed and that bear spray had been set off.

“Inside, police quickly located a man identified as the suspect, who was still in possession of a weapon,” said Evelyn. “The presence of a weapon increased the risk to the public and to the officers responding, and the man was quickly taken into custody to prevent escalation.”