Ariana Grande Says Stepping Back From Spotlight Was A Planned, Thoughtful Decision
Ariana Grande addressed her public withdrawal during a concert at Chicago’s United Center on Monday, insisting the move was deliberate. “The announcement that was made yesterday was not a reactive or impulsive thing,” she told the crowd. “It is something that I had decided to plan that I had quietly made a long time ago and it’s a decision that was made from a thoughtful and empowered place.” Grande also pushed back on speculation that negativity drove her decision, calling the tour “the most healing, beautiful, corrective, magnificent, special experience of my life.” A representative confirmed Sunday that the 33-year-old would “step back from visibility” following “endless, ongoing public scrutiny.” Grande has since dropped out of the West End revival of Sunday in the Park with George. Her eighth studio album, petal, was released last week.


