Construction material plays role in igniting grass fire

By Chad Harris
July 3, 2017 - 4:05pm Updated: July 3, 2017 - 5:45pm

KAMLOOPS — Fire investigators have determined that a piece of construction material from a home in Batchelor Heights hit a power pole and ignited the grass fire that burned most of Monday afternoon.

Twelve city firefighters and four from the B.C. Wildfire Service tended to the fire, which was near homes on Saddleback Drive in Batchelor Heights. The fire now sits at 1.5 hectares and is under control. 

The fire has resulted in a B.C. Hydro outage affecting more than 1,700  people up along the North Thompson River.

Crews knock down small brush fire west of Kamloops

Join the Discussion

We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.