Gary Oldman's ex-wife Donya Fiorentino is not happy with the Academy. She called the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences for honoring Oldman and Kobe Bryant with Oscars Sunday night.
Oldman won Best Actor for his portrayal in Darkest Hour, and Bryant won for Best Animated Short.
- Fiorentino, who was Oldman's third wife (they were married from 1997-2001) accused him of physical and emotional abuse. Oldman denied the allegations.
- Bryant, meanwhile, was accused of rape in 2003. Reports claim he settled the case for $5 million.
- She shared her thoughts on the two accused abusers getting rewarded in the #MeToo era with TMZ.
- “Congratulations, Gary and congratulations to the Academy for awarding not one but two abusers with Oscars,” she told the outlet. “I thought we had evolved. What happened to the #MeToo movement?”
- Oldman and Fiorentino share two sons, Gulliver, 20, and Charlie, 19.