UPDATE: Interior Health says two new cases of norovirus at RIH

By Ashley Legassic
February 11, 2019 - 12:52pm Updated: February 11, 2019 - 3:13pm

KAMLOOPS — Just when we thought it was the beginning of the end for norovirus outbreaks in Kamloops health facilities, another has been declared.

Interior Health spokesperson Brad Buie said earlier that today marked the end of norovirus outbreaks at Royal Inland Hospital. 

During the height of the gastrointestinal outbreak at the beginning of the month, four wards at the hospital were closed to admissions. However since then, two new cases have been found at a ward in RIH.

"We have an outbreak declared in five north, and it looks like two patient cases confirmed norovirus," Buie says.

Other healthcare facilities in the city had their own outbreaks, but Buie says things appear to be winding down.

Buie says the end of outbreak at Berwick on the Park could still be today, as there have been no new patient or staff cases there.

Pinegrove Lodge is still at least a few days from the end.

Snow, below average temperatures expected for Kamloops