No gas leak found at North Shore library

By James Peters
January 31, 2018 - 11:23am Updated: January 31, 2018 - 12:07pm

KAMLOOPS — Kamloops Fire Rescue says Fortis BC found no signs of a gas leak inside the TNRD Library on the Kamloops North Shore. 

At around 10:45 on Wednesday morning, KFR personnel and Fortis BC officials attended the library after someone detected the smell of natural gas.

KFR says propane smell could have drifted into the library from a construction site in the area. 

While the library was evacuated, the residents who live in the building were able to stay inside as crews worked to find the source of the odour.

Kamloops administrator wins 'Outstanding Principals' award