Kelly Ripa is standing by her Live! co-host Ryan Seacrest as he navigates some tricky terrain ahead of the Oscars, where he is scheduled to host the red carpet for E! News.
Seacrest's former stylist, Suzie Hardie, has accused him of sexually harassing her, claims he denies.
- On Thursday's broadcast of E! the 47-year-old Ripa said she was looking forward to watching his red carpet coverage.
- "I cannot wait to see you there," she said. "I am very excited. And I just want you to know, you are a privilege to work with and I adore you. Speaking on behalf of all of us here, I know what a easy, professional, great person you are, and I feel very, very lucky to work with you each and every day."
- The pair then embraced. E! and ABC (which airs Live! and American Idol, which Seacrest is set to host in its rebooted form), have also stood by Seacrest.
- The Oscar-winning Jennifer Lawrence is less excited to see Seacrest on the red carpet. Appearing on Howard Stern Wednesday, she told the host that she wasn't sure she would grant him an interview, acknowledging that it was tough to know how to handle it when she didn't know the true story.
- "I think it is scary, you know,” she continued. “He has not been to trial for anything. I am not a judge. I am not a jury… that is where this stuff gets tricky."
CHECK IT OUT:
Read the Full Story: http://bit.ly/2F5CjQ2
Watch Kelly Ripa Defend Ryan Seacrest: