Speculation about who on earth set Suits alum Meghan Markle up with Prince Harry reached a feverish pitch after the pair got engaged and demurred from sharing the deets in their first sit-down interview with the BBC.
Harry admitted: “We were introduced by a secret friend, who we will protect her privacy.”
- E! News reports that while rumors had Jessica Mulroney, fashion designer Misha Nonoo (who was married to one of Harry’s best friends), or Markus Anderson setting them up, it was actually Harry's childhood friends Violet von Westenholz.
- Westenholz's father is a baron and besties with Prince Charles. She also does PR for Ralph Lauren, which is how she got to know Markle, who the fashion house outfitted for Suits.
- Westenholz knew of the "hard time" he was having finding the right person, E! reports.
- “It was definitely a set-up,” Markle previously told the BBC. “It was a blind date. I didn’t know much about him and so the only thing I had asked her when she said she wanted to set us up was, I had one question, I said ‘Was he nice?'”
- “I’d never, never even heard about her until this friend said ‘Meghan Markle,'” Harry said. “I was like, ‘Right okay, give me, give me a bit of background, like what’s going on here?’ When I walked into that room and saw her and there she was sitting there, I was like, ‘Okay, well I’m going to have to really up my game here.'”