Disney/Lucasfilm's Star Wars: The Last Jedi is bringing in an estimated $69 million over four days over New Year’s Eve weekend, just ahead of Sony's Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, with $67 million.
The final weekend of the year brought in $195 million in total ticket sales. Disney/Lucasfilm's Star Wars: The Last Jedi now officially beat Beauty and the Beast as the highest-grossing title of 2017 with $517.1M. The industry expects Episode VIII to reach $533.7M by the end of the day (Tuesday).
- Worldwide, the box office raked in a record $39.92 billion in 2017, according to comScore. That is up 3% over 2016.
CHECK IT OUT:
Studio and industry reported estimates for the weekend of Dec. 29-31, 2017, Per Deadline:
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi(DIS), 4,232 theaters (0)/ $19M Fri/$19.9M Sat/ $13.4M Sun/ $13.1M Mon/ 3-day: $52.4M (-26%)/4-day: $65.6M/Industry 4-day: $69M/Industry total:$533.7M/ Wk 3
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (SONY), 3,765 theaters (0) / $17.8M Fri/$19.5M Sat/$13.2M Sun/$16.5M Mon/3-day: $50.5M (+39%)/4-day: $67M/Industry total: $67.1M/ Total:$186.3M/Industry total: $186.4M/ Wk 2
- Pitch Perfect 3 (UNI), 3,468 theaters (+21)/ $6.6M Fri/$6.6M Sat/ $4.5M Sun/$5M Mon/ 3-day: $17.7M (-11%)/4-day: $22.7M/Total: $69.2M/ Wk 2
- The Greatest Showman (FOX), 3,316 theaters (+310) / $5.3M Fri /$5.7M Sat/ $4.2M Sun/ $5.1M Mon/3-day: $15.2M (+73%)/4-day $20.3M/Total: $53.8M/Wk 2
- Ferdinand (FOX), 3,337 theaters (-293) / $4.5M Fri /$4.1M Sat/$3.05M Sun/ $3.45M Mon/3-day: $11.65M (+59%)/4-day: $15.1M/Total: $57.3M/ Wk 3
- Coco(DIS), 2,104 theaters (-7) / $2.8M Fri/$2.7M Sat/$964K Sun/ $2.1M Mon/3-day: $6.5M (+22%)/4-day: $8.7M/Total: $181.1M / Wk 6
- Darkest Hour (FOC), 943 theaters (+137)/ $1.7M Fri /$1.9M Sat/$1.8M Sun/$1.9M Mon/3-day: $5.2M (+36%)/ 4-day: $7.1M/ Total: $19.8M/ Wk 6
- Downsizing (PAR), 2,664 theaters (-4)/ $1.6M Fri /$1.8M Sat/ $1.2M Sun/ $1.4M Mon/3-day: $4.6M (-8%)/ 4-day: $6M/Total: $18.4M/ Wk 2
- All The Money in the World (Sony) 2,074 theaters (+6)/ $1.77M Fri/$2.1M Sat/ $1.6M Sun/ $1.75M Mon/3-day: $5.45M/4-day: $7.2M/Total: $14.4M/Wk 1
- The Shape of Water (FSL), 756 theaters (+26) / $1.1m Fri /$1.3M Sat/ Sun/ Mon/3-day: $3.49M (+16%)/4-day: $4.8M/Total: $17M/Wk 5