Robert Pattinson and FKA Twigs have split, according to E! News. The Twilight star and the "Two Weeks” singer got engaged in April of 2015 after dating for six months. They made their last red carpet appearance in May at the 2017 Cannes Film Festival.
Insiders tell E! that the split was over "timing" issues and that they "still have love for each other."
- Twigs, whose real name is Tahliah Debrett, dealt with racist blowback when news broke of their engagement.
- “I am genuinely shocked and disgusted at the amount of racism that has been infecting my account the past week,” she tweeted at the time. “Racism is unacceptable in the real world and it’s unacceptable online.”
- In July, Pattinson alluded to trouble, telling Howard Stern that they were "kind of" engaged.
- Meanwhile, Pattinson has been seen getting "extremely affectionate" with Katy Perry.
- The insider tells E!: “No one really understood what he saw in FKA, but they always supported him. As far as Katy goes, they have been good friends for a while. They have many mutual friends and have always kept in touch. They aren’t serious as of now, but Rob has always had an interest in Katy.”
- Perry is currently on the road, but they are reportedly still in close contact.
- Since Katy has been busy on tour, her and Rob will FaceTime and text when possible,” the source says. “She wants to make sure he is doing OK. Rob knows how good of a friend she is and he was also there for her when she was going through her divorce. They lean on each other.”