If you ever find yourself asking what the meaning of all this is, do yourself a favor and don't ask Jim Carrey.
While red carpet interviews are typically composed of inane questions followed by inane answers, Carrey decided to add some excitement to the mix, and wax philosophical at the same time.
- Things began to look strange immediately, when he started circling the reporter tasked with interviewing him while gazing at her intently before their chat even began.
- "There's no meaning to any of this," Carrey informed a clearly taken aback E! host at a Harper's Bazaar party on Friday.
- "You gotta admit, it's completely meaningless" Carrey intoned, to which Catt Sadler said, "Well… they say they're celebrating icons inside."
- Carrey wasn't having it: "Celebrating icons, that is just the lowest aiming possibility we can come up with. It's like icons. Do you believe in icons? I don't believe in personalities. I don't believe you exist. But there is a wonderful fragrance in the air."
- Midway through, he did a James Brown impersonation.
- Interesting! Carrey continued to school Sadler, saying: "I believe we're a field of energy dancing for itself. And, uh… I don't care."
- But there is some good news, he said: "It's not our world. We don't matter. There's the good news."
- Sadler later tweeted about the experience, writing: "For the record, I loved him before the interview and I love him after. Thank you for the unexpected dance Mr. Carrey!"
CHECK IT OUT:
Watch Jim Carrey Get Existential: