Are Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt rethinking their separation?
Jolie filed for divorce from Pitt in 2016 and she and their six kids — Maddox, 16, Pax, 13, Zahara, 12, Shiloh, 11 and 9-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne - lived in rentals until June, when she purchased an 11,000 square-foot home in L.A.
- The impetus for the divorce was reportedly a dramatic showdown between Pitt and Maddox on a private plane. Child Services was even called in to investigate, but nothing ever came of it.
- Now, sources tell Us Weekly that Jolie is rethinking the whole thing.
- "The divorce is off," says the source. "They haven't done anything to move it forward in several months and no one thinks they are ever going to."
- The source tells the magazine her change of heart stems from Pitt's decision to stop drinking and rethink his parenting tactics.
- "Everyone thinks they are going to get back together," says the source. "It wouldn't be surprising if they announced that they're calling it off and trying to work things out."
- Gossip Cop claims there's nothing to the rumors, pointing to Jolie's "scorched-earth" approach to separating herself and her kids from Pitt in the immediate aftermath of their split.
- The outlet also points out that the timing of the alleged scoop is specious, coming on the heels of Jolie's recent controversy with Vanity Fair. (Jolie caught a lot of heat on social media for the manner in which Cambodian children were forced to audition for her forthcoming film First They Killed My Father).