The extraordinarily admired and popular Hollywood couple Anna Faris and Chris Pratt shattered many an illusion about their seemingly blissful union on Sunday.
The actors announced their breakup after eight years of marriage on social media Sunday.
- “We tried hard for a long time, and we’re really disappointed,” the actors wrote. “Our son has two parents who love him very much and for his sake we want to keep this situation as private as possible moving forward. We still have love for each other, will always cherish our time together and continue to have the deepest respect for one another.”
- Pratt stars in the Guardians of the Galaxy franchise and Faris stars in CBS' comedy Mom. They share a 4-year-old son.
- People reports that their relationship has been tense for a while and that both have been spotted at events without wedding rings. Still, even in recent months and weeks, the pair posted sweet messages to and about each other, throwing many fans into a tailspin of grief and shock on social media.
- Some observers say that much of the trouble stemmed from the fact that Faris started out as the bigger star (Scary Movie, Lost in Translation) when they got married. Back then, Pratt was just on The O.C. But then Guardians happened in 2014, and he became one the world's most recognizable and bankable stars.
- In 2011, Faris said her first marriage to Ben Indra ended because of their different levels of star power. She told Marie Claire: "That kind of destroyed my marriage. The divide became too great."
- She also recently told People that life in a Hollywood power couple isn't all it's cracked up to be.
- "I don't think that's something, when you're an actor, that you're prepared for," she said. "There are two different roles that you play-the one on-camera and the one in public. That's the tricky part."