Modern Family star Sofia Vergara is proudly posing nude on the cover of Women's Health at age 45.
Vergara says she was motivated to do so to add a dose of realism to the all-too-often youth and perfection-obsessed magazine industry.
- She tells Women's Health: "Here's a woman, 45, being able to show her body. It's not like before, when it was just young girls who would make the cover of a magazine,"
- Vergara says she also isn't afraid to embrace her curves: "It's not about having muscle or cut abs. I don't have abs because I'm not 'I need to be like a fit model with a perfect body.' That would take too much effort!"
- Embracing your current body - with all its perceived flaws - is essential, Vergara says.
- "I'm 45. Even if you want to, at this time in your life, you can't be perfect," Vergara says. "It's not that you hate it, or that you're upset about it, but it is our reality. We're changing. I see it happening to me."
- Still, she admits that always wants to look her best. "For good or worse, it’s the way I grew up: Accept yourself but also be better than yourself.”
- She also mentions that her husband, Joe Manganiello, who has made his share of scantily clad appearances in True Blood and Magic Mike, was initially taken aback when she said she was posing nude.
- “Joe’s like, ‘F-ck, you’re going to be naked in everything now? Why?'” says Sofia.
- She does give her husband credit for motivating her, despite the unavoidable obstacles nature gifted her with: "I can barely do a pushup. I wish I could be a little more athletic, but when you're born with these gigantic boobs ... I've had them since I was 13, and then they got bigger when I was pregnant and had the baby."
Introducing our first-ever global Naked Issue, starring the one and only @sofiavergara! "Here's a woman, 45, being able to show her body," she says of posing for our September cover. "It's not like before, when it was just young girls." Click the link in our bio for the full story and pick up the issue on newsstands everywhere August 8!