The crew is back together! Titanic stars Kate Winslet, Leonardo DiCaprio and Billy Zane reunited for a black-tie charity auction in St. Tropez Wednesday.
Zane posted a shot of the trio on Instagram, writing: “Gangs back together. Now we’re saving icebergs. Go figure.”
- The trio made one of the most celebrated love triangles ever onscreen in the Oscar-winning 1997 Titanic.
- The auction benefited the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, which gives grants to environmental organizations and a GoFundMe campaign set up for a young mother in the U.K. who needs funds for her cancer treatment.
- In his remarks, DiCaprio said: “The health of our planet is grave - this crisis is real. What we seem to lose sight of is that we are part of nature, in fact we depend on nature for our very survival. Our natural systems sustain us with all that is necessary for life - such as ample food, clean air and drinkable water.”
- One of the items on the block was a dinner with DiCaprio and Winslet. Other auction items included art by Damien Hirst and Paul McCarthy.
- Attendees included Madonna (who performed), Adrien Brody, Tobey Maguire, Gerard Butler and Anne Hidalgo