If at first you fail, try, try again. John Mellencamp and Meg Ryan have rekindled their romance, sources tell ET Online. The pair first got together in 2010, but parted ways in 2014. (They reportedly appeared to briefly reconnect in 2015, but then Mellencamp dated Kim Basinger for a year).
In March, Mellencamp, 65, appeared on Howard Stern's radio show and indicated that they were never getting back together, claiming that Ryan, 55, detested him.
- “Oh, women hate me. I loved Meg Ryan,” he said. “She hates me to death.”
- She had her reasons, the "Jack and Diane" singer said. “I think it's because I'm a child. I throw fits, I gripe, I complain. I'm moody. Every bad thing that a fella can be, that's me."
- Stern advised attempting to woo her back, but Mellencamp claimed it was no use. “I've done that. She just doesn't want anything to do with me," he said. "And I can't blame her.”
- Ryan must have changed her mind as they pair have been photographed several times in recent months, and sources tell ET and Page Six that they are becoming serious again.
- Many changes are afoot for the blonde actress. Ryan also reportedly sold her luxury Manhattan abode and is moving into what is being described as a "paparazzi proof" home in Tribeca.