Actor Daniel Radcliffe is being toasted for his heroic dash to help a tourist who had been slashed and robbed by thieves on a moped in London.
The Harry Potter star was in West London Friday night when he and a group of bystanders rushed to the man's aid, the Evening Standard reported Monday.
- The victim was reportedly walking on a side road off of Chelsea's fashionable King's Road when he was targeted. The thieves got away with his Louis Vuitton bag.
- In a statement, the police said: "The victim - a man aged in his 50s - was walking in the road when two people riding a moped snatched his bag before riding off. The victim suffered a cut to the face during the incident."
- A former police officer who also intervened, David Videcotte, told the Evening Standard that Radcliffe comforted the tourist.
- "It was a bit of the surreal moment, I said, 'You're Daniel Radcliffe' and he replied, 'I am,’" Videcette told the news station.
- "He was a really nice bloke, a lot of stars wouldn't have stopped to help,"
- No arrests have been made.