DO YOU HAVE EVENT & GROUP ANNOUNCEMENTS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO POST ON OUR WEBSITE?
We are offering FREE postings to community groups who register with our website.
Your posting will be listed in the “COMMUNITY” menu of our website under “Events & Groups”.
To register for an account, email [email protected] and provide a username and email address for whoever will be doing the postings for your group. An account will be setup and a temporary password will be assigned to that person.
Once your account is setup, you will be able to post as soon and as often as you would like. Below are instructions on how to post.
HOW DO I SIGN IN TO MY ACCOUNT
After following the above step to have your account created, you will receive an email with a Username & Password. With this, you will be able to sign in to our website and post, edit or delete your postings, and change your password. Go to cfjctoday.com/user.
Enter your information, then click the “I’m not a robot” checkbox and select the appropriate images to answer the verification question. Once verified, you may press the LOG IN button to sign into your account.
HOW TO POST AN ANNOUNCEMENT
First, you must make sure you have logged in to the website as per the steps above.
In the TOP LEFT corner of the web page:
- Hover the mouse pointer over the “Content” heading
- Then drop the pointer down to hover over the “Add content” sub-heading
- Then slide the pointer sideways and click on the “Announcements” option.
- Select a Title for your Announcement.
- If the event starts and finishes on one day, deselect the “Show End Date” checkbox.
- Enter your start (and end) date(s) as required.
- In the “Body” field, enter the complete description of your announcement including any costs, who to contact for more information and any requirements that the public needs to be aware of.
- Upload a Photo if you have one (ie. from a past event)
- Enter the name of your Community Group in the bottom field.
- Lastly, scroll down the page and click on Scheduling Options and enter an Unpublish date/time to remove your announcement.
- Press the PREVIEW button to have a quick preview of your posting and confirm the proper format is being displayed.
- When satisfied with the posting, click the SAVE button to post to the “Events & Groups” section of the website. (You can find this section by hovering over the “COMMUNITY” menu and selecting “Events & Groups” from the dropdown list.)
- If you are logged in to the website, you can edit or delete your postings (and only YOUR postings) at any time. You simply find and open your posting from the “Events & Groups” section of the website, press on the “Edit” tab above the event title, and proceed to make your changes. Once complete, scroll to the bottom of the edit page and press the Preview, Save, or Delete buttons as desired. If you press the Delete button, you will be asked to confirm deleting the posting from the website.
HOW TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD
As soon as you have logged in to your account, click on the “Edit” tab above your username.
- Enter your Current Password in the appropriate field, and enter your new Password in the Password field and also in the Confirm Password field.
- You will notice you can also enter other information about your organization, including a picture, Facebook link, an email address, Twitter link and a Mini-Bio. These fields will allow visitors to our website to learn more about your organization and how to contact you. Please fill them out if you can.
- When finished, scroll to the bottom of the page and press the SAVE button.