Chase RCMP release cause of Scotch Creek pub fire

By Greg Fry
December 22, 2017 - 11:29am

KAMLOOPS — Police in Chase have released the cause of yesterday's devastating fire at the Copper Island Inn and Pub in Scotch Creek.

"The fire is accidental and is believed to have started in a chimney," said the Chase RCMP today in a news release.

The blaze started around 3 p.m. and burned the popular pub to the ground. There were no injuries.

How to stay healthy over the holidays

Join the Discussion

We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.