KAMLOOPS — The 2017-18 Kamloops Blazers schedule has been released. The Blazers will open with a home-and-home series with the Kelowna Rockets. The Blazers are in Kelowna Friday, September 22nd and home to the Rockets on Saturday, September 23rd.
In total, the Blazers will play 21 games on a Friday or Saturday night, which is up from 19 last season. They will play three home games on Sunday, two on Tuesday, seven on Wednesday and two afternoon games on Monday, January 1st and Monday, February 12th.
The hockey club will play three games in three nights on five occasions this season. The Blazers will conclude the season playing five of their final eight games on home ice.
- The Blazers will play their annual Teddy Bear Toss game on Sunday, December 3rd at 3:00pm versus Kootenay
- The Blazers will play the Prince George Cougars 10 times this season and play Kelowna, Vancouver and Victoria eight times each
- The longest road stretch of the season will be seve games from December 9th – December 27th with six games in the East Division and a game against Kelowna
- The Blazers longest home stand is seven games from November 15th – December 1st
- Two games will be hosted at 2:00pm this year with a home date on January 1st vs. Victoria and the annual B.C. Family Day home game on February 12th vs. Edmonton
- All games on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday will start at 7:00pm
- Two of the three Sunday games will start at 5:00pm, with the exception being the Teddy Bear Toss game to start at 3:00pm on Sunday, December 3rd
Join the Discussion
We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.