Fire damages Kamloops Travelodge motel

By Jill Sperling / Chad Harris
August 10, 2016 - 12:16pm Updated: August 10, 2016 - 11:56pm

KAMLOOPS — Emergency crews responded to a fire at the Travelodge on Columbia Street shortly before noon today, Aug 10. 

According to Kamloops Fire Rescue Assistant Chief Dave McMahon a fire, which started in the kitchen, traveled through the vent system. 

He says everyone has been accounted for and there are no injuries. 

Attempted murder suspect awaits arraignment hearing

Join the Discussion

We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.