Chainsaw repair causes small house fire

By Chad Harris
July 27, 2016 - 2:51pm Updated: July 27, 2016 - 6:28pm

KAMLOOPS — Fire Rescue quickly put out a house fire that ignited this afternoon (July 27).

Flames and smoke were visible when crews arrived at the Wilson Street Home.

Platoon Captain, Jeff Bell says crew were called after a chainsaw mishap.

"The owner of the house was doing some mechanical work on a chainsaw, some gas spilled and it ignited. He got a flash in his face, and then the flames spread with the spilled gas, it took off pretty fast," explained Bell.

Bell adds the home owner was being examined by paramedics and damage to the house is substantial.

Some Kamloops Councillors defending Cavers' actions

Join the Discussion

We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.