Bomb threat shuts down businesses in Vernon

By KISS News Staff
July 12, 2016 - 2:48pm Updated: July 12, 2016 - 6:15pm

VERNON, B.C. — Okanagan Landing Plaza on 25th Avenue has been reopened after a bomb threat against McDonalds.

RCMP Sgt Mike Moyer says police were called about 1:39 this afternoon.

 " basically we know now it is a false prank call that was made to the restaurant. We'll be following through with mischief charges against the individual once we finish our investigation."

A bomb sniffing dog from Kelowna was brought in to go through the restaurant and found nothing.

Sgt Moyer says people are being allowed back into the mall.

Employees and patrons were ordered out as soon as police arrived on the scene.

Among them, was Maxine who had been shopping at Buy Low.

 "well I was in the store and at the cash register checking out my groceries and we were just part way through and a policeman came in and we were told everyone had to leave, incl.uding the staff and the staff were instructed to shut everything down."

Sgt Moyer says investiagtors were led to their suspect through various tips that came in.

Governments must fund women's supports to prevent domestic homicide: advocate

Join the Discussion

We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.