Crown didn't disclose second suspect in Henry investigation

By The Canadian Press
December 9, 2015 - 6:55am Updated: December 9, 2015 - 5:48pm

VANCOUVER — His lawyer says Ivan Henry was not the only person being looked at for sexual assault involving eight women back in the late 70's and early 80's, but the Crown failed to disclose that fact.

Henry was acquitted in 2010 on 10 counts of sexual assault after being imprisoned for 30 years.

Lawyer Marilyn Sandford says the Crown failed to disclose the fact that another man had been under surveillance, a man who had a history of sexual predation and more closely resembled a composite drawing being circulated at the time.

Henry is suing for compensation after being set free.

Sandford says Henry moved to the neighbourhood years after the assaults began. 

Christy Clark sees good things ahead

Join the Discussion

We are happy to provide a forum for commenting and discussion. Please respect and abide by the house rules: Keep it clean, keep it civil, keep it truthful, stay on topic, be responsible, share your knowledge, and please suggest removal of comments that violate these standards. See full commenting rules.